Friday 4 November 2011

Construction of my Poster


This shows the first edition of my magazine in which I had made and I think that it does look quite professional. I took the idea mainly from the poster of 'the ugly truth' but for the names used the colours pink and blue to show it was made for both genders like shown on the poster for 'its a boy girl thing'. The text I had continuously used on the poster is roadway because it is quite bold and easy to read, also it doesn't fall under the stereotypical expectations of romantic comedies and I did this as people doing my audience research found this more interesting. However, for the credits I used Ultra condensed serif because it is small and narrow with it then being similar to that of professional texts. I wanted to stick to a three colour palette to show continuity but then ended up using two shades of Black, Blue, Pink and Red; two neutral colours and one for male, whilst the other is for female. This was only created by using texts so it is quite plain but effective at the same time.


On this I hadn't really changed much except I had put on a caption that says 'all is fair in love and war' and this signifies the genre in a way I haven't done through the use of colour and curly text. I think that I had done this so that it was like that of texts I have looked at because often the captions are use to show some of the content but still leaves it a mystery, and this is what I think the typical, yet well known quote does.


This is my final edit of the poster but I haven't yet put on the picture because I wanted to see what my print product would look like on its own and whether it is too plain. On this I had decided to change the website at the bottom to a duller red in which matches with the red I am using for the banner on my magazine. I did this to show that the products were all used from the same package and so that it resembles that of other professional texts of romantic comedies.

This is my overall final poster and I think that it looks quite professional now that it has got the picture on. In the end I had decided not to use a background because then everything else would stand off the page and looks more effective instead of just blending in with the rest of the page. I think that my final poster does resemble that of my inspiration 'The Ugly Truth' and I am happy with how this has worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment