Friday 4 November 2011

Construction of my Magazine


This was my first attempt at creating a magazine cover and I put a film strip on the bottom of the page because I thought this would have a good effect. I had got the film strip off google and fit it onto the bottom of the page and I like the effect in which this had. I chose to use a similar method and text to that of 'total film' by putting some of the title inside of the rest of the title. I used the text 'Evil Dead' for the masthead because it was well fitted to the magazine template and I didn't want to fully replicate my genre. Also I think that the film strip may take up too much room on the front cover so I don't know whether this will actually work.  



This was my second attempt at trying to fit my magazine into a professional magazine section and I did this by basing it around the magazine 'entertainment' and this was because it was more suited to my genre and I liked the layout. This is where I got the idea of using a gradient in which makes it look like a spotlight setting so that it shows the light coming from behind my characters. After doing the background I then added a banner by using the shape tool and then coloured it a dark red because I wanted to show some of the passion behind the genre I am replicating. I tried using colours so that my magazine was eyecatching but once trying these I have found I will not use them as they sink in with the background and make the magazine look too busy and very unprofessional. I do like the rest of the magazine but I am planning on changing the colours to fit a three colour palette.



This is the final edit to my magazine cover and now all I have to do is put the image onto it in order to make it look complete. On this I decided to change the colours of the sell lines in order that it sticks to a basic three colour palette in which shows continuity between my products. I thought before I had changed the two sell lines to white the text looked too busy on the page and it didn't fit well with my background or ideal image of the magazine. Other than this I didn't really change much.

This is my overall final magazine with the image on and I think that now it looks professional and it now resembles that of my inspiration 'entertainment'. On this I had decided that I did not want to change anything of my magazine and therefore I am quite happy on how this had turned out and it was exactly how I had imagined it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment