Friday 7 October 2011

Costume and Prop - Magazine





















I have looked at these two magazine covers for inspiration in terms of costume and props and these show the characters being quite well dressed. I am going to replicate this in my products so that it shows the realism of actual products of this genre. I want to use costumes in which the audience feel like they can relate to so that the potential audience would want to watch this and recognise the genre as I had found in the audience research this is what is important, especially in the Romantic Comedy genre. I think that the make-up however would be quite natural like it just something that is an everyday situation, except from in the trailer when the female character is singing the costume will change into something more smart. Some people in which I had talked to in terms of research had said they wanted it to be an everyday thing, not just something in a movie. I don't think in terms of the magazine the costume is all that important because I am planning on using a close up of the two characters from the shoulders up but I would like the female to wear a light top in order to blend within the idea I have. The props in which I think would be best suited would be flowers, hearts, etc and low key lighting to show the romance and show emphasis on the characters, like the following:



I think this shot shows the low-key lighting in which shows the atmosphere in romantic comedies and I am going to try and replicate something like this in my trailer but it may be more difficult for me as I don't have professional lighting systems, so there are limitations to this. I am planning on using either a guitar, or a microphone as a prop on the magazine cover, and in the trailer because my main female character like Violet from Coyote Ugly is a singer, hence where my inspiration came from. However, I am not going to use any props on the magazine because I feel it would make it look too busy and give away the storyline, and I want to leave it as a mystery. I have further created a powerpoint presentation based on the costumes I am planning on using in both of my print products and the reasons for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment