Thursday 8 September 2011

Primary Audience Research

For my audience research I am planning on asking the following questions:
  • Age: (age groups)
  • Gender: (male/female)
  • Current occupation or education:
  • What would you expect of the Romantic comedy genre:
  • What kind of scenes would you expect to see?
  • What kind of props and locations would you expect to see?
  • What films do you associate with this genre?
  • Do you read film magazines? (yes/no)
  • Names of the magazines you read:
  • How often do you go to cinema approximately?
  • Do you find film review comments and ratings an important factor on products: ie/ poster? and why?
  • Which magazine is more appealing to you: (option of 3) and why?
  • Which poster is more appealing to you: (option of 3) and why?
  • Do you enjoy trailers of romantic comedies : (yes/no) and why?
I am intending on asking both open and closed questions because it would then give me long-winded information in which I may need in order to make my products appealing to the set audience. I feel it would be easier to evaluate these answers and give me a better insight on how I can make my products represent the genre well. I am intending on asking 10 different people the questions above; 5 males and 5 females in order to equally find out what different people think of the genre and learn from this how i can replicate this in my products.

My questionnaire will take the layout of the following:

I have done it like this so that the full questionnaire is not all text and therefore it wouldn't be as dull to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment