Monday 5 September 2011

Thoughts About Potential Audiences

Before conducting any of my audience research I assume that the trailer, and package in which I am going to construct is going to reach out mainly to a female audience. I feel that this is the case because females are more interested in the romantic sides of situations whilst men prefer genres such as action. However, this may just be a stereotypical view into researching genre. However, after looking at the forms and conventions I feel it would appeal more to females of any age because in stereotypes they are able to get more 'emotionally attached'. However, I have looked closely at the romance genre and according to a source online romances appeal more to females because they can release them from stress, trauma and previous experiences. In my opinion however I feel that they appeal more to females because they are more open and can emphasise and put themselves in the position of the main female character. As a female, romances appeal to me because I find them the most realistic of the genres as it has a thicker plot and romances are typically aimed at women, typically teenagers as this is shown through the female protagonist, stereotypical themeatic use of pink and the typical plot of a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment