Monday 26 September 2011

Sound Ideas - Singer

I had previously uploaded onto YouTube of my friend Paige Harker singing Between the Trees - White Lines and Red Lights. I think that it is well suited to my genre and it is original but I will get her to re-sing this because it is from a while ago. I am not sure if this is the song I am going to use in my trailer but I have asked her whether she is okay with me using her as the main female in my trailer due to the fact that my character is going to be a singer, and she has agreed. However, if I get her to re-sing this I want to possibly use the guitar because it is going to be one of my props as I feel it makes music more about the musician and guitar is many people's passion. I had posted this video on facebook to get comments and people had agreed that she could be professional as she can also play instruments and I think people could link to her because she has a lot of passion in music. From the beginning of the project I knew I had wanted to use my friend Paige as my trailer song because I feel that it will have more effect and be more original. I feel that her voice fits the Romantic Comedy genre as it is quite a soft voice with edge and I feel this could further represent the events of the trailer because it could be soft as the characters are falling in love, and become edgy to show the complications. I also chose Paige because I have learnt a lot from her as a person and I feel she fits the personality of the character in which I am trying to portray and she is easier to work with. I also feel by looking at other trailers of the similar genre that Paige would fit the scene because she can play guitar, drums and keyboard, so I was planning on using this to my advantage by replicating once again a mixture of 'A lot like love', 'raise your voice' and 'another cinderella story' where it opens with quiet music and dialogue which continues slightly throughout the trailer, going into her singing, then her playing music with the narrative speaking over this and then going back to her singing when her name is said so that it is almost a cycle. However, when she is playing her instruments I will not fully show all of this because then there would not be much left to put parts of my 'movie' in. 



This is another video in which I had created of Paige doing Hinder - Lips of an Angel. I think this could be suited to my genre but it is more than likely that I will not use this as a soundtrack in the trailer. I think that I will not use this as a soundtrack because it is not the type of song in which would be represented in this genre, but the message of the song is suited to the genre Romantic Comedy but it was just a sample of my singers voice. I feel that most of my trailer will be music in which I have either created on GarageBand or of my friend playing instruments in which replicates a professional trailer with a smooth, yet often upbeat sample. I am planning on replicating this by using Paige because she sounds like she could be quite professional with a soft voice in which will replicate something similar to that of 'A walk to remember' as this doesn't use a lot of upbeat music due to the story line. However, in contrast I am planning on using upbeat music to show a bit more drama and action. 





Looking at both 'another cinderella story' and 'coyote ugly' there is quite a lot of upbeat music to show the action, so I am planning on asking Paige whether she can play the drums also for parts of my trailer. However, by looking at another cinderella story I realised that loud music like this is not appropriate for my trailer because it does not represent the story in which it does in that of the professional trailer. Furthermore, I am going to use upbeat music like in the trailer below:




I have looked at professional texts in order to see what type of music they use but I am planning on replicating this but using less known songs in which fit with the narrative and seems like the singer has actually wrote this because it is meant to be original but I don't have the time to come up with meeting my friend and writing our own songs because that is a lengthy process. I have looked at the following songs in which could be fitted to my genre, as well as my narrative. I have looked at many songs in which could be suited and I have looked at the movie 'What a girl wants' :

From looking at this I had researched the artist because I feel his voice fits the genre and I had found the song 'the distance' and I feel that this fits my genre because it showing the distance and difference between two people and what they want. I think this would be good in my trailer but I am not going to use just one song. I have also found a song in which isn't well known also and it is by 'Twenty Twenty' called worlds apart and I am planning on possibly using this and getting Paige to replicate this but I think it could be slightly difficult unless there is more people singing as it is a band song, so I am planning on asking my other friends such as Shannon who can also sing, and get them to also play the music as well so it is fully original. The song below is the song by 'Twenty Twenty' :





I have many songs in which could be suited and I am going to narrow them down in a following post. The following songs are the ideas in which I have got:


Oliver James:
-The Distance
Kelly Clarkson:
-Save You
Twenty Twenty:
-Worlds Apart
You Me at Six:
-Fireworks
-Knew it was you
-Jealous minds think alike
Hey Monday: 
-Candles
-Arizona
-Fall into me
-How you love me now
-Run don't walk
-Set off
-Turn the clock
-Wish you were here
Pink:
-Heartbreaker
-It's all your fault
-Long way to happy
-Love song
-Nobody knows
-Runaway
-Stop falling
-What do you want from me?
Taylor Swift:
-Breathe
-Crazier
-Forever and Always
-Jump then Fall
-Last Kiss
-Love Story
-Mine
-Never grow up
-Our Song
-Speak Now
-Tell me why
Adele:
-Turning Tables
-Someone Like You
Others:
-Broken (Seether) 
-Best of You & Walk (Foo Fighters)
-Let your walls fall down (Boyzone)
-I need you (Tim McGraw and Faith)
-The Only Hope For Me Is You (MCR)
-Better in Time & I got you & Happy (Leona Lewis)
-A Year Without Rain (Selena Gomez) 
-Apologise & Lost then Found (One Republic)
- You and Me (Lifehouse)
-Freak the Freak out (Victoria Justice)
-Yeah Right (Dionne Bromfield)
-l.i.f.e.g.o.e.s.o.n (Noah and the Whale)
-Fix you (Coldplay)
-Long Distance (Bruno Mars)


I have chosen all of these songs because they show feelings in which could be related to the plot and narrative of my products and I want this to be replicated. Also I chose these because they were less known and I want my trailer to be fully original and want this to be recognised yet it would interest people into finding out more. I have a vague idea of which songs I am going to use and which one's I will not use. I am not sure yet whether I am going to get the music played or use and instrumental to sing to but I would prefer it to be all made by me and my friend, with her playing the music herself. Also I feel all of the songs in which I have picked are professional in terms of genre because if you look at the two clips below it shows upbeat music in which I will replicate:


 I will discuss why I have chosen the songs in which I have in the 'Sound Update - Trailer Soundtracks' post, but I will not fully decide from this because I am planning on getting the opinions of people via Facebook so I can get an understanding of what people expect to see and why. When I have fully decided I will post videos of the original song, and also a practice of the song in which my friend(s) are going to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment