Thursday 29 September 2011

Sound Conclusion


All of the music I was going to put into my trailer was originally all going to be sang by Paige Harker to make it fully original and creative but I feel it would be difficult for her to sing some of the songs in which I have chosen as they are band songs. However, I have got permission off two people of YouTube to use their songs as covers so I can use these in my trailer and still makes it original, but seems less creative so I am a bit disappointed that I can't use Paige to sing these. I chose all of them because they fit the genre and I feel that they would all fit well together, as they are of different speeds and beats but these show different factors of the trailer.

I forgive you was chose for it's upbeat tempo and this fits in with many of the professional texts I have researched and the lyrics seemed to fit with the genre I was trying to replicate. I forgive can be interpreted in many ways but I think the meaning behind the song is showing the pain and past experience which could explain how my female character is feeling. I think that it is well suited to the genre because it is the typical view of females when it comes to love. I thought it connotes that they were hurt by someone in the past but they have come to forgive them, and I wanted to replicate this in my trailer to show the reason why the characters are so distant, yet still in love. However I looked at the wanted warzone too because it has the same meaning behind it as that of I forgive you but from the males point of view which shows his pain too.

Up was chosen for it's smooth and slow tempo as it fits within a few of the professional texts I have looked at and the lyrics to seem to fit this to an extent. It is a song which is sang by both a male and female, with the lyrics showing it is about them and how they can make it work. I thought this could show some of my narrative once again because it is showing that when everything falls through things can only get better, and they can overcome their issues. This is the main problem in my trailer because they need to overcome their past and also their differences within popularity and morals and they need to pull together and work it out before it is too late, and in the end this is what will happen. So I am planning on using this at the beginning of the trailer.

Worlds apart was chosen just for it's lyrics because it had shown the main issue in which is in my narrative and it is about how different two people are, and they shouldn't work but they do. I think that the meaning within this song is shown clearly and this is why I had chosen this song. However, I think that this will be a hard song to find a cover for or replicate successfully so instead of using this song I am going to use the wanted - lightening and this is because of the lyrics once again. The lyrics are talking about falling in love and also the feelings which could show the romance factor of the genre rather than just the narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment