Friday 16 September 2011

16/9/11 Update

I feel that I am a bit behind in terms of the work in which I have to do. This is because I have focused mainly on my flat plans and this means that I haven't yet completely completed my storyboards which are one of the main parts of the production process. This means that I am going to focus more on my storyboards for the rest of the week outside of lessons so that I have caught up with the rest of the class. Furthermore, I have thought in detail about possible sound and dialogue and I have found a few trailers in which I am going to base my trailer around, as I have already thought in detail about my magazine and poster.

The following clips are my inspiration for my trailers:



I have taken inspiration from this trailer as the way it is set out because it has a similar storyline. I have taken the inspiration for the female character from this trailer as well as from 'a walk to remember' to show the emotion and vulnerability of the female character, and some of the personal traits are similar for example both female characters in the trailers I have looked at show they are trying to improve themselves but in different ways. However, in the other trailers 'coyote ugly', 'it's a boy girl thing' and 'another cinderella story' all of the female characters seems to have a vulnerable yet edgy side and this is how I want my female character to be. However, the male is always confident in all of the trailers I have looked and I will take this trait but edit it so it is not similar to all other romantic comedies. My male character in my rom com is going to be quiet yet confident, in a lower class who eventually finds the words to say to the main female character. In the beginning he is going to be shy and it's all glances but then it suddenly changes when they meet at a gig where she is singing, but they realise they aren't that different and fall in love. Furthermore, there will be complications like in raise your voice where she is told she has to go back to the area she came from, but it ends in a happy ending.


AND




I have taken this clip as inspiration due to the different characters in which are in the trailer, and also I plan on taking the dialogue and captions as inspiration as well so that it is more professional. I am going to also include the 'songs featured from..' at the end because my friend is planning on singing for the trailer so I will have to clearly state that it is her music. I firstly took inspiration from the fact that she was terminally ill as a complication but I have changed this to match raise your voice complication because I think it would be easier to realistically replicate and also I don't feel that the emotion of my actors would be as real. Furthermore, I am using similar captions which I will discuss in a further development of ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment